In many electronic systems, such as telecomm and datacomm chassis, or 1U, 2U servers and blades, the system air flow rate is not adequate for cooling of high power devices. Therefore, additional air flow introduced at the device level is required.
ATS offers a large family of fanSINK products for applications where FPGA or ASICs in BGA packages are deployed. ThefanSINK™ can be either clipped on to the device bymaxiGRIP™ or superGRIP™ heat sink attachment technologies or taped on.
fanSINK™ with maxiGRIP™ Features & Benefits:
- Cross Cut, Straight Fin heat sink fins offer omni-directional air flow for optimum thermal performance independent of PCB lay-out
- Stainless steel screw fan attachment ensures dependable, long-term fan to heat sink assembly
- Component Attachment: ATS maxiGRIP™ is a proven, high-reliability mechanical attachment system
- maxiGRIP™ Hardware includes a high performance plastic frame clip and 300 series stainless steel spring clip, avoiding the need to drill holes in the PCB
- Provided with pre-assembled Thermal Interface Material (TIM) centered on the base
- "Keep-Out" Requirements: An "Un-Populated" border zone of 5mm around the component is necessary to facilitate the Installation/Removal of the maxiGRIPTM. Please refer to the maxiGRIP™ Clearance Guidelines and maxiGRIP™ Installation/Removal Guides for further details