Librestream announced the first shipments of the Onsight Cube-Ex, the first intrinsically safe wearable device with HD video and thermal imaging.
Designed as a multi-purpose wearable, the Cube-Ex extends beyond hands-free use to augment work in confined or potentially dangerous environments.
‘The Cube-Ex industrial device redefines the wearable category giving workers a safe option to perform asset and environmental analysis in the most difficult environments in a form factor that is small, light and rugged,’ said John Bishop, President of Librestream. ‘We designed the Cube-Ex to tackle the harshest environments allowing our customers to solve both the envisioned and the yet to be imagined new challenges in their businesses.’
The Cube-Ex seamlessly integrates with the full Onsight Augmented Reality (AR) platform, providing additional value with cloud content management analytics, hands-free remote expert collaboration, and digital work instructions.
John continues, “The Cube-Ex is creating new value within our industrial and enterprise customers, uniquely leveraging thermal imaging and radiometric data for numerous use cases including leak detection and electrical hotspot identification, minimizing non-production time. With flexible mounting options, workers can see inside confined spaces, improving safety and accelerating time to resolution.”
Highlights of the Cube-Ex wearable include:
- HD digital and thermal imaging cameras including fusion blended mode
- Flexible design enabling hand-held, head-worn, mounted, and monopod use
- Remote control of the camera functions through paired mobile device
- Powerfulillumination for high quality visuals in low light environments
- Built-in laser pointer for contextual verification
- Capture and onboard storage of pictures and recordings with the ability to annotate withshapes, text overlay, and radiometric temperature overlay
- Rugged design with IP64 enclosure rating
- Certified for ATEX and IECEx Zone 1/21rated environments
- Integrates with the Onsight AR platform for hands-free remote expert collaboration, digital work instructions, content management,analytics and field intelligence
The Onsight Cube-R model is also available for use in industrial industries that do not require intrinsically safe certifications such as manufacturing, utilities, and industrial field services.