flo/pcb v2.2 features more than 25 improvements and enhancements that significantly improve usability and tighten integration between electrical and mechanical design of printed circuit boards. these enhancements demonstrate flomericsâ€™ commitment to streamline physical design of electronics by improving design collaboration between electrical and mechanical engineers. highlights of the new release include:
- automatic â€śmanhattan distanceâ€ś calculation and constraint management. this feature enables 1st order signal integrity requirements to be introduced early in the design process where component placement and thermal performance scenarios are studied as a function of functional definition.
- full integration with flopack for on-the-fly ic model generation based on standard package outlines.
- display of interconnects that are styled according to signal speed and quantity. this promotes fast creation of functional block diagrams and quick visual identification of critical interconnections.
- support of idf-defined placement keep-out regions to minimize rework associated with placement of components in locations reserved for connectors, heat sinks, manufacturing attachments or other mechanical features.
- annotation auto-sizing to improve readability of functional block and component placement diagrams
flo/pcb promotes a conceptual design process that integrates electrical and mechanical design for printed circuit boards, enabling early resolution of component placement and thermal issues â€“ a capability that is proving critical for design of high-performance electronics. flo/pcb combines functional, component placement and thermal views of the design into a single virtual model, enabling systems, hardware, mechanical and thermal engineers to design collaboratively and re-solve design conflicts quickly and effectively.
flo/pcb has received enthusiastic responses from many of flomericsâ€™ existing customers including agilent, bae systems, cisco systems, rockwell international, tellabs and thales.
other key features of flo/pcb are:
- specialized menus for rapid creation of functional block diagrams
- automatic creation of physical layout and thermal model from the functional block diagram
- 3d airflow and temperature prediction, for both sides of the board, in minutes
- fully-integrated library capability supporting jedec standards for component thermal models, and leveraging libraries from www.smartparts3d.com * and www.flopack.com **
- export/import board design information to and from eda and cad software via idf file format
- native, bi-directional interoperability with flotherm
automatic report generation via html
- compatible with windowsxp, windowsnt, and windows2000 operating systems.
* www.smartparts3d.com is an online, searchable database of ready-to-run thermal models for many common ic packages and other parts. these models can be used directly in flo/pcb
** www.flopack.com provides rapid generation of â€ścompactâ€ť and â€śdetailedâ€ť thermal models for ic packages, which can also be used directly in flo/pcb
for further information, please contact:
director of marketing
flomerics group plc
81 bridge road
surrey, kt8 9hh
tel: +44 (0)20 8487 3000
fax: +44 (0)20 8487 3001